What to do after a Motor Vehicle Accident in New York City
When you have a victim that got into an accident, it can be confusing to understand what to do after the accident and how to protect your rights. After an accident has happened, here are some tips to improve your situation:
- Exchange insurance information with the other driver and take pictures of the scene.
- Record the names, addresses and other pertinent information from the other driver
- Get medical treatment for any serious injuries
- Review your insurance policy and make a list of questions but do not admit fault or discuss your case in depth with your insurance company
- Talk with a lawyer about your rights.
Take the time to protect your rights
If you have been involved in a car or other motor vehicle accident in New York it is imperative you contact an experienced attorney as soon as possible. Call our office at 516-308-7373